Skip to main content


We brought home an extra child from the Third Day concert last night...

Ever since I was a young child, I wanted to be a foster parent so that I could  provide for other kids who were born into difficult situations like myself. However, while that dream has continually pulled at my heart over the years, I just haven't been in the position to do so; but, I continue to pray about it often. Then, last night at the concert, we were asked to sponsor a child from another country. At first, my thought was, "I already do so much, I can't possibly take on any more." Yet, as they led in prayer, my heart began to soften and I realized that just because I can't take another child into my home at the moment doesn't mean that I can't provide for and help a child going through hard times. Then, the speaker said something unique, he called it "child support" and it hit me that 40 dollars a month is equal to the tithe off of the child support my oldest daughter receives every month. Which then caused me to remember her asking me if she could adopt a child from another country not too long ago. Before I knew it, my hand was in the air and Ndebenuwo's picture was in my hands. I thought that I was going to regret my decision when I got home and would only be able to see how much I have going out in giving every month but that wasn't the case. All I can see is Ndebenuwo's face and all I feel is joy and satisfaction in knowing that, even if things are tough and money is now a little bit tighter, we are truly doing all we can for God. I wouldn't have even been able to remember where that money went if we wouldn't have adopted Ndebenuwo; but, next year and ten years from now, I'll know that because I rose my hand, we made a difference. And, now my prayer is that God will use me to provide for as many kids as He possibly can :)

Please join me in doing all that you can and adopt your own child, just visit http://www.worldvision.org/ 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I used to want to change the world... until the world changed me

I haven't written in a long time.... mostly because I don't feel like I have anything to write or share any more. To be honest, I haven't felt much of anything for a long time.

Except today, today I feel defeated. Completely and utterly defeated. I look around and I see so many others just going about their lives and I just don't feel like I fit anywhere. Most days I just go through the motions and do what needs done then go to bed and wake up the next day and do it again. But not today, today was different. Today, I looked around at everyone else going somewhere... doing something... living... smiling... talking... being.... and I realized that I'm just so different than everyone.

Everyone else knows what they're doing and where they're going and I'm just here. I just go through my day trying to not bounce off of or collide into anyone else. But, it seems that's all I'm really capable of. I wake up with one goal, to avoid anything and everythi…

Uh Oh

Have you ever read something that made you take a serious look at yourself and think, "Uh Oh?" 

My best friend lent me a book called, "Safe People" by Cloud and Townsend to help me heal after having to deal with some really unsafe people after my mom's death. As I was reading through, I was completely caught off guard by something. 

Growing up, I suffered from anorexia. Although, I didn't know I did. I didn't choose to starve myself. We were just poor and I didn't get to eat that often so I stopped feeling hunger. I still remember when I went to the doctor at the age of 20 with a serious sickness and he diagnosed me as an anorexic. I was so angry! I still remember explaining to him that I would eat if I could but I just wasn't hungry and there had to be something causing it. To which he replied, "That is, anorexia." I left his office offended and switched doctors. Later on in life, God showed me that his diagnosis was hard to take and no…

I love the way you lie

I'm sure most people have heard the song out by Eminem and Rihanna, but every time I hear it I am reminded of a poem I wrote several years ago when I was in an abusive relationship and at my end. So, I wanted to share it as an example of how God can fix anyone no matter how broken they are.

Please remember my poem is sarcastic and not literal just as is the song I referred to.


Take this knife and jab it in Here's another try again I'll find another if I need Just thrust it in and watch me bleed
Do I sound a bit crazy to you? Please let me know if I do I just want you to know I love this game I love the hurt, I love the pain
Please kick me down so I can get back up If I've had too much I'll say "enough" But I want you to ignore me if I do And kick me til I'm black and blue
Go find some rocks, go find some stones Bruise my body, break my bones Don't stop until you feel my fear Don't stop until you see my tears
When I start to cry you can take a break …