Skip to main content

Modern Day Esau

Today, while I was working, I was talking to God and listening to “Believer’s Voice of Victory” which had Bill Winston on as a guest speaker. As the men were talking, I realized that Bill was doing something very similar to the vision God has given me for my future and it triggered a thought process that led me to the story of Jacob and Esau. This story can be found in Genesis 25:19-34 if you want to read it to catch up. Anyways, I've read that story several times, but today I saw an aspect that I had never realized before. Esau chose FOOD over his blessing. Many know that I do not eat pork and why; but, it seems to be something that other people like to attack me over. Yet, those same people who forcefully push their beliefs off on me are usually so set in their ways and are unwilling to allow me to walk them through it in scripture because they think they already know the answer. They are Esau. Esau was the firstborn and was entitled to certain blessings that came along with that title, but he was hungry and he didn't realize the severity of his actions so he made a dumb choice that cost him dearly. Yes, God already knew what he would do and what the outcome would be but that does not mean it was what God wanted; otherwise, He would've just allowed Jacob to be born first.




Of course eating pork will not keep someone out of heaven, but it will help them get there a lot quicker and possibly even keep them from being able to physically perform the call on their life. However, it is not just pork. Whenever a person is out of balance in any way where food is concerned (whether it is by eating too much or too little or the wrong foods) then they are trading food for their birthright, they are trading what they eat for what they were created for. It is not a coincidence that pork is on the top of the world’s most unhealthy food lists. It is not a coincidence that both obesity and anorexia lead to death.




The fact is if we are not alive then we cannot be fulfilling our destiny. That was actually the reason Esau gave for trading his birthright to Jacob. He had reasoned that he was going to die anyways from starvation so he might as well at least eat and be alive. Notice the scripture even says that Esau despised his birthright. How many today also use that same excuse that they are going to die anyways so they might as well enjoy what they eat? How many believe that what God has to offer is not what is best for them? Those are lies! Yes, we will all eventually die, but we are all faced with two choices for the way we desire to live.




1. We obey the Word at all costs. The Bible makes it clear that whoever dies to their own selfish desires and wishes will actually find a truly fulfilled, blessed life in which we will leave the earth satisfied after we have lived long in our days.




or




2. We can hold onto our own reasons, wants, and desires and keep trying to decide what leads to happiness for our selves. We will never be completely satisfied or reach the full potential we were created for. And, we will more than likely leave the earth sooner than God intended.






Deuteronomy 30:19 (New International Version)
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live


PLEASE NOTICE THAT WHAT YOU CHOOSE LEADS TO ONE OR THE OTHER -LIFE OR DEATH – BLESSINGS OR CURSES. YOU CANNOT CHOOSE BOTH.


EVEN IF YOU ARE BLESSED IN ONE AREA OF LIFE YOU CAN BE CURSED IN ANOTHER AND THAT AREA CAN STEAL ALL OF YOUR BLESSINGS.



ALSO, NOTICE THAT IT DOES NOT JUST EFFECT YOU, BUT YOUR CHILDREN AS WELL. SO PLEASE CHOOSE WISELY.








The above was ... originally written a few years ago... I've decided to go through some old blogs that I posted on other sites and combine them all into one place (here;). 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I used to want to change the world... until the world changed me

I haven't written in a long time.... mostly because I don't feel like I have anything to write or share any more. To be honest, I haven't felt much of anything for a long time.

Except today, today I feel defeated. Completely and utterly defeated. I look around and I see so many others just going about their lives and I just don't feel like I fit anywhere. Most days I just go through the motions and do what needs done then go to bed and wake up the next day and do it again. But not today, today was different. Today, I looked around at everyone else going somewhere... doing something... living... smiling... talking... being.... and I realized that I'm just so different than everyone.

Everyone else knows what they're doing and where they're going and I'm just here. I just go through my day trying to not bounce off of or collide into anyone else. But, it seems that's all I'm really capable of. I wake up with one goal, to avoid anything and everythi…

Uh Oh

Have you ever read something that made you take a serious look at yourself and think, "Uh Oh?" 

My best friend lent me a book called, "Safe People" by Cloud and Townsend to help me heal after having to deal with some really unsafe people after my mom's death. As I was reading through, I was completely caught off guard by something. 

Growing up, I suffered from anorexia. Although, I didn't know I did. I didn't choose to starve myself. We were just poor and I didn't get to eat that often so I stopped feeling hunger. I still remember when I went to the doctor at the age of 20 with a serious sickness and he diagnosed me as an anorexic. I was so angry! I still remember explaining to him that I would eat if I could but I just wasn't hungry and there had to be something causing it. To which he replied, "That is, anorexia." I left his office offended and switched doctors. Later on in life, God showed me that his diagnosis was hard to take and no…

I love the way you lie

I'm sure most people have heard the song out by Eminem and Rihanna, but every time I hear it I am reminded of a poem I wrote several years ago when I was in an abusive relationship and at my end. So, I wanted to share it as an example of how God can fix anyone no matter how broken they are.

Please remember my poem is sarcastic and not literal just as is the song I referred to.


Take this knife and jab it in Here's another try again I'll find another if I need Just thrust it in and watch me bleed
Do I sound a bit crazy to you? Please let me know if I do I just want you to know I love this game I love the hurt, I love the pain
Please kick me down so I can get back up If I've had too much I'll say "enough" But I want you to ignore me if I do And kick me til I'm black and blue
Go find some rocks, go find some stones Bruise my body, break my bones Don't stop until you feel my fear Don't stop until you see my tears
When I start to cry you can take a break …