Skip to main content

Modern Day Esau

Today, while I was working, I was talking to God and listening to “Believer’s Voice of Victory” which had Bill Winston on as a guest speaker. As the men were talking, I realized that Bill was doing something very similar to the vision God has given me for my future and it triggered a thought process that led me to the story of Jacob and Esau. This story can be found in Genesis 25:19-34 if you want to read it to catch up. Anyways, I've read that story several times, but today I saw an aspect that I had never realized before. Esau chose FOOD over his blessing. Many know that I do not eat pork and why; but, it seems to be something that other people like to attack me over. Yet, those same people who forcefully push their beliefs off on me are usually so set in their ways and are unwilling to allow me to walk them through it in scripture because they think they already know the answer. They are Esau. Esau was the firstborn and was entitled to certain blessings that came along with that title; but, he was hungry and he didn't realize the severity of his actions so he made a dumb choice that cost him dearly. Yes, God already knew what he would do and what the outcome would be but that does not mean it was what God wanted; otherwise, He would've just allowed Jacob to be born first.



Of course eating pork will not keep someone out of heaven. It will, however, help them get there a lot quicker and possibly even keep them from being able to physically perform the call on their life. However, it is not just pork. Whenever a person is out of balance in any way where food is concerned (whether it is by eating too much or too little or the wrong foods) then they are trading food for their birthright. They are trading what they eat for what they were created for. It is not a coincidence that pork is on the top of the world’s most unhealthy food lists. It is not a coincidence that both obesity and anorexia lead to death.




The fact is if we are not alive then we cannot be fulfilling our destiny. That was actually the reason Esau gave for trading his birthright to Jacob. He had reasoned that he was going to die anyways from starvation so he might as well at least eat and be alive. Notice the scripture even says that Esau despised his birthright. How many today also use that same excuse that they are going to die anyways so they might as well enjoy what they eat? How many believe that what God has to offer is not what is best for them? Those are lies! Yes, we will all eventually die, but we are all faced with two choices for the way we desire to live.




1. We obey the Word at all costs. The Bible makes it clear that whoever dies to their own selfish desires and wishes will actually find a truly fulfilled, blessed life in which we will leave the earth satisfied after we have lived long in our days.




or




2. We can hold onto our own reasons, wants, and desires and keep trying to decide what leads to happiness for our selves. We will never be completely satisfied or reach the full potential we were created for. And, we will more than likely leave the earth sooner than God intended.






Deuteronomy 30:19 (New International Version)
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live


PLEASE NOTICE THAT WHAT YOU CHOOSE LEADS TO ONE OR THE OTHER -LIFE OR DEATH – BLESSINGS OR CURSES. YOU CANNOT CHOOSE BOTH.


EVEN IF YOU ARE BLESSED IN ONE AREA OF LIFE YOU CAN BE CURSED IN ANOTHER AND THAT AREA CAN STEAL ALL OF YOUR BLESSINGS.



ALSO, NOTICE THAT IT DOES NOT JUST EFFECT YOU, BUT YOUR CHILDREN AS WELL. SO PLEASE CHOOSE WISELY.








The above was ... originally written a few years ago... I've decided to go through some old blogs that I posted on other sites and combine them all into one place (here;). 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why talking to a friend may be the worst thing you can do...

Here is why talking to a friend about a problem with another person doesn't work... If my vision of what is taking place is distorted then her vision is also going to be distorted. If I call her up and share the low lights, the things that upset me, the things that hurt me, how I feel about them and see them, and don't share the other person's perspective or take their side or account into consideration then she is going to give me a biased report back. And, it is going to be exactly what I want to hear. (This is even further compounded when a person strategically leaves out any information that makes their self look bad.) How do I know that? How can I say that? Because I am feeding her the information that I want her to have. And, she already knows my past, my struggles, my weaknesses and fears; which are also what I am now talking to her about and reminding her of. So, her judgment is going to be based off of that and her desire to protect me. It honestly got to the

I guess you could say I'm a little salty

It's been a while since I've written. It's also been a while since I've heard from God. I'm not sure if that's because He quit talking to me or I was just too hurt to listen. But last night, I found myself begging. But this time was different, I wasn't begging for my kids back or the pain to stop or the truth to be revealed... I was simply begging for God. Begging for what He and I used to have. Begging for time alone with him.  Begging to hear Him. Begging for the relationship I had with Him before my whole life fell apart. Begging for Him to hear me. Begging for Him to care. Begging for Him to show me the way out. I fell asleep begging... And, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Lot and his wife after Sodom and Gomorrah burnt. I know right?!?! I mean who does that? Of all the things to be thinking about in this day and age, I'm thinking about Sodom and Gomorrah????? No wonder why people call me crazy! I could see if I had just had a

Is being a hypocrite really such a bad thing?

Often, when someone learns of my blog, they question the title. They seem to think they need to educate me on what "hypocrite" means or inform me that it's not a good word to have beside the word "Christian", as if I don't already know this. However, what I also understand is the truth that so many Christians like to pretend doesn't exist.  A survey in the book "unChristian" by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons reveals that 85% of young non-Christians believe that present-day Christianity is hypocritical. And, even more amazing is the fact that 47% of young churchgoers agreed! (myself included) We are hypocrites! Or at least that is how we appear as a whole to those around us who don't understand the gospel. I mean think about it... if you didn't truly understand what Jesus did on the cross then how could you understand someone who is imperfect stating that sin is sin. Really, let it sink in! I'm going to re-word it as many possibl