Skip to main content

I love the way you lie

I'm sure most people have heard the song out by Eminem and Rihanna, but every time I hear it I am reminded of a poem I wrote several years ago when I was in an abusive relationship and at my end. So, I wanted to share it as an example of how God can fix anyone no matter how broken they are.

Please remember my poem is sarcastic and not literal just as is the song I referred to.


Take this knife and jab it in
Here's another try again
I'll find another if I need
Just thrust it in and watch me bleed

Do I sound a bit crazy to you?
Please let me know if I do
I just want you to know I love this game
I love the hurt, I love the pain

Please kick me down so I can get back up
If I've had too much I'll say "enough"
But I want you to ignore me if I do
And kick me til I'm black and blue

Go find some rocks, go find some stones
Bruise my body, break my bones
Don't stop until you feel my fear
Don't stop until you see my tears

When I start to cry you can take a break
It's time to laugh and spit in my face
You can pretend you are going to help me up
And I'll cry out "Enough! Enough!"

And there it is, that's your cue
You have some more work to do
I want it all, give it all you've got
Call me names like whore and slut

Lie to me, lie to me, lie to me please
Let me pretend, let me believe
Let me believe there's a chance for us
A chance for happiness, a chance for love

Let me believe I deserve this life
No, let me go get you another knife
And this time if you could just do it right
There will be no more arguing and no more fights













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I used to want to change the world... until the world changed me

I haven't written in a long time.... mostly because I don't feel like I have anything to write or share any more. To be honest, I haven't felt much of anything for a long time.

Except today, today I feel defeated. Completely and utterly defeated. I look around and I see so many others just going about their lives and I just don't feel like I fit anywhere. Most days I just go through the motions and do what needs done then go to bed and wake up the next day and do it again. But not today, today was different. Today, I looked around at everyone else going somewhere... doing something... living... smiling... talking... being.... and I realized that I'm just so different than everyone.

Everyone else knows what they're doing and where they're going and I'm just here. I just go through my day trying to not bounce off of or collide into anyone else. But, it seems that's all I'm really capable of. I wake up with one goal, to avoid anything and everythi…

Uh Oh

Have you ever read something that made you take a serious look at yourself and think, "Uh Oh?" 

My best friend lent me a book called, "Safe People" by Cloud and Townsend to help me heal after having to deal with some really unsafe people after my mom's death. As I was reading through, I was completely caught off guard by something. 

Growing up, I suffered from anorexia. Although, I didn't know I did. I didn't choose to starve myself. We were just poor and I didn't get to eat that often so I stopped feeling hunger. I still remember when I went to the doctor at the age of 20 with a serious sickness and he diagnosed me as an anorexic. I was so angry! I still remember explaining to him that I would eat if I could but I just wasn't hungry and there had to be something causing it. To which he replied, "That is, anorexia." I left his office offended and switched doctors. Later on in life, God showed me that his diagnosis was hard to take and no…

Like sands through the hour glass so are the days of cleaning our rooms...

The other day my kids and I were shopping at Target when my oldest picked up an hour glass and then all 3 of them started asking if they could have it. My first response was, "What do we need that for?" But, then my mind began to ponder, "Hmmm... Well, it is pretty cool...What could we use it for? Hmmm." Suddenly flashbacks of years of fighting with them to clean their rooms... crying, fighting, reading books, searching for solutions, setting boundaries, repeating boundaries, more crying, more fighting, more books, and on and on with only one constant... messy rooms. 

Before I realized it, my mouth was saying, "Oh good, we have a timer now for you guys to clean your rooms. If you aren't done by the time the sand runs out then whatever is left on the floor gets packed away." And to my surprise, they all cheered, "Okay! Yay!"

"What?!?!?! Did they just yell yay???" Yep, that's what I heard so we put it in the buggy and moved on. Whe…